A new collaboration with the potential to draw more Danes to the museums now sees the light of day: FDM are going to offer museum discounts to over 260.000 households who today are members of the association. This takes place in collaboration with the joint museum app Useeum which FDM members are going to use to cash in the discounts.
Each year FDM’s members buy services with discount for millions of Danish kroner and from now on some of these money can end up in the museums’ corona affected register. A new collaboration between FDM and the museum app Useeum is by means of a discount scheme supposed to entice more of the 260.00 families who today are members of FDM to visit museums.
– We have completed a member survey which has shown that our members demand more museum experiences as a part of our package of benefits. Therefore, we have looked for a way to incorporate a discount scheme which is good and practical for both the museums and for our members. We have found that now, says Martin Østergaard who is the division commander for the partnership in FDM.
Expects to offer discounts on 100 museums within 3 years.
The collaborator is Useeum, a joint museum app with audio guides, learning games and other digital dissemination. The app has significantly grown the last couple of years and the costumer list now count more than 75 museums and similar venues in seven countries. At Useeum, the manager Rasmus Lybæk is happy about the collaboration with FDM:
– One of our major goals is to make more people discover all the amazing museums we have in Denmark. Therefore, we are of course happy to contribute to communicate a discount scheme which concern such a great part of the country’s inhabitants. At the same time, we look at the collaboration as another stamp of approval of our app, which will make it even more attractive says Rasmus Lybæk.
FDM expects that at least 100 Danish museums will join the discount scheme in the next 3 years and hope to offer the first discounts during the autumn.
– We think that we present an attractive package in the form of the opportunity to reach out to a large number of potential museum visitors and we are already in dialog with many museums therefore we know that there is an interest in the scheme says Martin Østergaard.
Facts about the discount scheme
- It is free for all museums and similar venues to become a part of the discount scheme which is offered in collaboration between FDM and Useeum
- The scheme secures ongoing marketing for the museums towards 260.000 Danish households
- The museums have no expenses except the discount on the entry fee which they offer FDM’s members
Facts about FDM
- FDM is Denmark’s biggest member organisation for all who drive a car
- 260.000 Danish households are members
- FDM offers among other things counselling, services and discounts to their members and the member magazine Motor which with 417.000 readers is Denmark’s biggest magazine about cars, consumables, traffic and travels
Facts about Useeum
- Useeum is a Danish developed joint app for museums
- Museums can use the app to offer different types of digital guides and learning games to their visitors
- The customer list counts more than 75 museums and similar venues in seven countries and the app has been downloaded by more than 120.000 users form more than 100 countries
For further information contact:
FDM: +45 45 27 09 67 / [email protected]
Rasmus Lybæk, manager for Useeum: +45 60 58 88 68 / [email protected]